Sunday, June 21, 2015

A Realm of Chaos Warband...


I've spent an evening this week working out a Realm of Chaos warband and its been really fun! Im hopefully going to play this against Bane from the oldhammer forums. I read somewhere on the internet about rolling for 2 chaos attributes for the champion. So that is what I have done. I've tried to ensure that one is positive and the other negative or merely cosmetic.

So I was rolling for my Champion (a female human wizard), and her first attribute was Uncontrollable Flatulence (positive!?) which sounds fine but not particularly Slaanesh, anyway the 2nd chaos attribute came up as Chaos Spawn! Doh! So I then has to roll for another 5 attributes! Normally that would be the end of the champion, but I read that Chaos Spawn can become followers for other Chaos Champions. So I thought she could become the first 'retinue' member for a new chaos champion? i.e. I'd have to roll for a new champion and use the spawn as one of its retinue.

So this is a quick run down of my new Slaanesh warband...

Laviscious - Level 5 Chaos Dwarf Wizard – Champion of Slaanesh
M WS BS S T W I A Ld Int Cl WP Fear
3 5 3 4 4 1 2 2 9 8+1 10+1 10+1 2
Hand Weapon, Crossbow (Ranged Attack Str 4), 2 equipment points (not spent these hoping I can store these until the warband gets bigger and then can more equipment!?)
Magic
• Power Level 3d6 divided by 2 (Chaos Dwarf)
• 3x 1st level spells

Chaos Gift
• Mark of Slaanesh (+1 Will Power) (not sure if it becomes 10+2 because WP is already 10+1?)

Chaos Attributes
• Bestial Face (Goat Face, +1 Gore Attack)
• Bestial Face (Face of Chaos Patron - Bull) replaces above for aesthetics, but no effect.

Retinue
• Helga The Spawn
• 2d4 Skaven (d6-4 Unit attributes)  - They got 2 attributes unit dominant attributes: Weapon Master and Obesity! (+1 WS and Movement of only 2"!)
• D6 Human Runaways

Helga - Spawn of Slaanesh
M WS BS S T W I A Ld Int Cl WP Fear
8 (1) 3 3 6 4 2 1 1 7 8+1 8+1 9+1 3
Hand Weapon, Horse (M8, +1 Save), Bow (Ranged Attack Str 3), Stupidity
Chaos Gift
• Mark of Slaanesh (+1 Will Power)

Chaos Attributes
• Uncontrollable Flatulence
• Chaos Spawn (Stupidity)
o Tail (no effect)
o Limb Loss (One leg lost)
o Overgrown Body Part (arms ‘x4’ size)
o Bestial Face – Rabbit (no effect)
o Cloven Hooves (no effect)


Anyway I thought I would have a go at sculpting up the Chaos champion first. A wizardy Chaos Dwarf with Head of Patron (Bulls head ala Keeper of Secrets). He's supposed to be going Shhhh! - as in he's trying to keep someone from telling his naughty secret!





He is based on a reaper dwarf who was drinking beer. I've cut the old head away and kind of formed a new Bulls head. I still have to finish off his eyes and bulk out his head a little and give him a sword or axe and a crossbow slung over his back.

Once I've finished him off I can have a go at Helga the Spawn with overgrown arms!


2 comments:

Stuart Bannister said...

A great start, I like the look of the bulls head. Really looking forward to gaming with you and I'll post the warband I've rolled on my blog a bit later on.

Unknown said...

Thanks Stuart! I think the Bulls head came out pretty well to, however I keep looking at him now, and thinking that he's smelling his finger! Oh dear, I need to think a bit more before sculpting. I'll definitely keep an eye out for your warband!!!